Thursday, February 23, 2006

Richard Dean Anderson and the walk of fame.

Via Google Reader and MAKE I learned of the push to get Richard Dean Anderson ( of MacGuyver and SG-1 fame among other things) on the walk of fame. I am not a person who does the whole "fan" thing. The more celebrities you meet minor or major the more you realize that they're just normal people in extraordinary circumstances. Which is why when I saw this tribute to the man with the duct tape in his coat pocket, I was impressed and a bit wierded out.
I mean "Wow" that's a great deal of effot to go through for someone who may not give a damn. I guess I had no idea what a great relationship "RDA" , as they call him, has with his fans. RDA's reaction was....pretty cool.
"MY GOD, THAT IS THE MOST WONDERFUL AND THOUGHTFUL BIRTHDAY PRESENT I HAVE EVER RECEIVED. IT IS ASTOUNDINGLY PROFESSIONAL AND BLESSEDLY PERSONAL. I AM GENUINELY TOUCHED, AND WILL ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR TALENT AND INSIGHT AND UNDERSTANDING.

HONESTLY, MY FRIENDS, YOUR CREATION IS UTTERLY SPECTACULAR.

THANK YOU, SO VERY MUCH!

RICHARD


With that coloring my perspecitve, the site seemed now,heartwarming. Civil not crazy fans and a down to earth guy. Cool.

He's got my vote for a star.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home