Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Manifest Destiny embraces RSS....finally.

Yesterday I finally got on the RSS bandwagon. Inspired by discovering that the IEEE has some RSS feeds I decided to plop them on my Google Homepage--just because.. Good stuff. After completing that task I decided to add all of the blogs I check daily. This new homepage would streamline the process of taking uselss facts and cramming them into my brain. I had no idea what I was in for.

When I got to Boing Boing I clicked on the "RSS" link and was greated by a link for Google Reader. Sure, I am behind the times here but without the internets at home I don't get in as much surfing as I used to; this was my first hearing about this wonderful application.

So yesterday, I quickly added all the non-professional blogs I generally run through during a day. After wrapping that up, I rushed home to cook the Mrs., Ming's Blue Ginger Garlic-Pepeer Lobster.

This morning I checked the reader and discovered a New York magazine story about the to 50 blogs via Bruce Sterling of Wired blogs. I quickly scanned the 50 and realized I was aware of most of the english blogs (Even Dooce). So I suppose I am not really that far behind the curve afterall.

I found where I was really lacking was the gossip blogs. Not much use for those in my life, but I decided to check them just this once. What was I missing? On The Superficial is discovered that TomKat may split up (is there still time to abort the anti-christ?), Mel Gibson bought a bowling alley for Fiji and Tommy Lee got beat up by Enimen's posse for dissing Kid Rock. Good stuff. West Side-Represent!

...but you know...it's all about the journey...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Angry Engineer said...

Eh, I've played around with RSS readers for Autoblog, and I came away unimpressed. I'm still down with the whole surfing thing; ya know, the idea that the journey is more important than the destination.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home